ODA Associate Relationship Explained
The ODA exists to ensure standards are set and maintained in the online dating sector, to give the industry an effective and collective voice with government, search and social network providers, media and others. We share information on research, legal, commercial and other developments affecting the sector. We create opportunities for networking across the dating community. We want to build high levels of trust and an environment where business can invest and innovate.
The ODA was set up by online dating providers and the ODA Standards and Guidance is directed at providers of dating services. But there are a broad range of parties with a commercial interest in the sector and its health and strength. These businesses can become an Associate of the ODA. The Associate relationship allows businesses
- A direct line into future work by ODA and its members (and others) and opportunities for joint work on standards and other activities designed to increase safety and trust and he profile of the sector
- involvement in shaping and participating in events that will engage members and others
- opportunities to alert members to new services and activities
- the ability to display Associate logo and supporting script making clear their commitment to driving standards and demonstrating the sectors collective responsibility
- a degree of additional “insurance” as action to inform and influence policy-makers regulators and others reduce the risk of ill informed, counter-productive rules and regulation or/and negative media coverage
An Associate relationship helps strengthen the ODA’s capacity and capability to speak for the sector and help protect and grow a healthy market. Just as dating services cross boundaries, so the standards of how to treat customers should be minimum standards regardless of where they are delivered.
ODA Associate status is available to businesses that share the objectives in this note. Associates are not “members”, but their services and actions must never bring the reputation of the ODA or industry into disrepute but should reflect a shared commitment to standards and user trust.
Associate arrangements are through an annual fee that reflect the Associate’s size and level of involvement with the dating sector. Businesses wishing to discuss this opportunity should contact the ODA at [email protected].