Dating 2024 - Building for the Future
The Online Dating Association is now five years old. In that time dating services have become part of everyday life for millions.
The ODA has demonstrated its important role in
- raising standards and building regulatory, lawmaker and other stakeholder trust
- ensuring media coverage and other comment is informed and fair.
We are now looking at where the association should be in five years. We would like to hear what the industry thinks.
We believe we need to:
- Demonstrate the distinct nature of dating within the sweep of internet providers
- Maintain an inclusive approach to developing standards and other materials
- Ensure the benefits of the ODA are recognised and taken up internationally.
The Association will focus on those policy issues and regulatory activities that directly affect the sector and its users. Data protection, privacy and internet safety and consumer protection law are prime examples.
A broad membership is critical to this strategy and to the Association’s ability and capacity to operate. To represent the industry, to be able to inform and influence politicians, media, regulators and others, and to persuade them we are a sector that takes our responsibilities seriously, we need to have widespread industry support.
We are keen to hear your thoughts on the strategy, activities listed and to have your support as we go forward.
You can download the document here:ODA Dating 2024